Grace Memorial Chapel Funeral Home understands the severity and the risk involved with the Coronavirus. As a public entity we want to inform you that we are taking all necessary precautions to ensure that we reduce your risk to exposure while in attendance at our facility.
The management team are monitoring all communications distributed by the Center for Disease Control and the Alabama Board of Funeral Services as well as our local and state health agencies regarding all information on the Coronavirus (Covid-19).
To ensure that your risk is minimized while attending an event at our facility we have put the following Emergency Plan into place:
- All in attendance to any and every service will be Required to wear Face Covering (mask, scarves, bandanas, etc.) NO EXCEPTIONS
- Personal space zone (distance of 6 ft.) will be created between visitors and family members of the deceased to keep from spreading of the virus by personal contact.
- Our staff will make environmental cleaning procedures top priority at our facility. All door handles, knobs, faucets, toilets and any surfaces that come into human contact will be diligently cleaned with an antibacterial agent.
- Hand sanitizer and Kleenex will be available.
- Limit the number of family members participating in arrangement conference. Teleconferencing options will be strongly encouraged and arranged by the funeral home, if possible. All in-person arrangement conferences will implement the social distancing of 6 feet to avoid the spread of COVID-19.
- Only with the permission of Next of kin of the deceased, systems will be put into place to make available Celebration of Life events electronically (on a delayed schedule) over the internet.
- Any family member that has been exposed to COVID-19 or is showing signs of active illness, such as fever or cough, will not be admitted to the funeral home to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to others.
Honoring and remembering a life are what we are all about. Public health and safety are first and foremost in our minds during this time. We have implemented this plan for your protection, but we advise that if you have any concerns or apprehension about attending our facility, please stay safe at home or give us a call at (256) 487-8102 to discuss your concerns.